|Location: Brighton||Salary: £22000 - £24000 per annum|
|Sector: Retail & Sales||Type: Permanent - Full Time|
|Contact: Jade Church||Published: 22 days ago|
Salary – Starting £22K Rising to £24K after Probation
My client has been enjoying huge growth across the globe since its inception in 2013. In just 8 years it operates in 90 countries, with over 4,500 stores worldwide.
My client is looking for someone who can hit the ground running and operate in a highly fluid environment associated with a new business, effectively support the store manager, and has a positive, can-do attitude.
The ideal Assistant Manager:
They are looking for someone who has worked for a fast-paced retailer and can hit the ground running, whilst demonstrating the following skills:
- Proven management experience within a Retail environment
- Knowledge of retail operational activities required for effective management of the shop floor.
- Customer focused approach
- Good merchandising skills in a rapid stock changing environment
- The ability to motivate a team and build good relationships within the team
- Strong management skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Competent IT (especially word & excel) and administration skills
- Practical Health and Safety knowledge and an understanding of relevant legislation
- A flexible, open-minded approach with a proven ability to prioritise effectively.
- Passionate about retail and have a real desire to build a career within the company.
Assistant Manager responsibilities:
As the Assistant Manager, you will be primarily working to maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is always delivered.
- Ensuring the stock room is efficiently managed, with good organisation skills and understanding of how to correctly operate a stock room in a fast-paced environment
- Store is attractively displayed, and pricing is correct on a daily basis.
- Promotions are mounted in line with the calendar and are positioned to fully potentialize sales.
- Ensuring stock loss, man-hours and costs are controlled efficiently.
- Managing the recruitment, training, development, and performance of all staff.
- Coaching, motivating, and developing the store sales team to achieve personal and store objectives.
- Communicating effectively with and fully supporting the Store Manager to ensure key information is shared to ensure best practice and achievement of company objectives.