|Location: Burnley||Salary: £24000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: HR, L&D and Head Office, Finance||Type: Permanent - Full Time|
|Contact: Kieron Smithson||Published: 16 days ago|
Split role; home based & some days in the East Lancashire office.
Salary £24-28000 DOE
Priority Recruitment are pleased to be representing our award-wining, multinational professional services client who provide services to their wide portfolio of insurance and fleet clients. Our Client, a leading provider within their industry are looking for a Claims Team Manager to join and oversee their thriving, dynamic claims handling team that is both working from home and an office based in East Lancashire.
The successful applicant will be technically competent across all aspects of insurance claims management. They will have strong leadership qualities with a desire to mentor and develop a high performing and engaged team. We are looking for ambitious individuals with a drive for continuous improvement, from both an individual and team perspective.
You will be a key element in ensuring the mentoring and development of your team, ensuring feedback is given promptly to further enhance customer service and provide a “best in class” service level.
Working to agreed KPI’s and SLA’s you will be responsible for all aspects of the teams technical performance, whilst providing ongoing support to the operations manager to ensure overall operational excellence.
You will hold overall responsibility for the management of the team, adhering to the best practises and industry guidelines it is essential you will have an ability to work autonomously, monitor results and a thorough understanding of all tasks, procedures and functions relating to claims handling.
You must be able to demonstrate a good all-round technical claims handling knowledge and in depth experience of managing a team.
Include but are not limited to:
- Developing the team through 1-2-1 feedback which will include coaching, mentoring and personal development plans to enhance technical understanding and support the team in meeting and exceeding set targets.
- Control processes and procedures to ensure adherence to best practice. Ensuring any process and/or procedure is followed correctly, with full reasoning supplied where applicable, developing the team’s individual autonomies on a merit-based approach.
- Leading by example to create an engaged workforce whilst managing a caseload of technical claims, using case examples as an opportunity for feedback to the rest of the team, in; telephony, objection handling, evidence gathering and rapport building.
- Being the team’s technical escalation point for dispute resolution with the defendant insurers/ outsourcers. Ensuring they are a go-to person for the both the internal team and defendant insurers as a key liaison point in claims settlement activities on a claim by claim, and larger volume basis.
- Delivering quality audits of the team in line with best practice, feeding back on an individual basis in line with the team member’s performance development plan.
- Maintaining and supplying KPI data to demonstrate individual and team performance, as well as areas of success and opportunity.
- Supplying summary reporting to the wider management team to highlight the knowledge basis and recommend areas of focus.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues, and competent in providing feedback.
- Proactive in ensuring the others are accountable for achieving goals and the team meets the required SLA’s.
- Ability to review resource requirements to ensure that targets are not impacted.
- Role Models appropriate behaviours and demonstrates leadership skills to create a culture of effective and efficient service.
- Awareness of relevant departments policies, procedures and compliance standards and can interrupt them to others in a simplistic manner.
- Self-motivated, with ability to motivate and engage others to achieve goals, creating a positive working environment for all colleagues.
- Understanding customers’ needs and perspective and the ability to de-escalate any potential issues.
- Proactive in own development and seeks feedback to improve performance.
- Skilled communicator, negotiator and problem solver.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Interprets strategic goals and delivery.
- See the bigger picture to enable department to achieve strategic goals.
- A decisive decision maker who has the ability justify reasoning.