|Location: Weston-super-Mare||Salary: £45000 per annum, Benefits: +pension etc|
|Sector: HR, L&D and Head Office||Type: Permanent - Full Time|
|Contact: Kieron Smithson||Published: 21 days ago|
£45,000 per annum & Benefits
Weston-super-Mare – Some travel, must be able to drive.
This is an exciting full-time role in a growing & well funded business. You will be utilising your expertise in policy writing, on boarding of employees, and succession planning to improve the full life cycle of its' employees. The role requires a comprehensive HR background as well as confidence in strategic planning.The jobholder will be expected to work in a commercial and strategic manner, being efficient and accurate, ensuring confidentiality at all times. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years HR experience, with a confident, friendly and personable nature, you will need to support a broad range of staff whilst reporting direct to the CEO.
- Deal with all first line queries for HR, escalating when required, ensuring we as team deliver great service
- Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Strategic development of plans around recruitment, succession planning and staff retention
- Maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Support and advise employees on various issues.
- Ensuring accurate recording of changes to contracts across the business.
- Complete all HR letters such as disciplinary, amendment to terms and conditions, reference letters, etc.
- HR Policy & procedures
- Participate in HR projects when required.
- Attend meetings and note take when required (some travel required)
- Ensure compliance with right to work policy
- Sit on the executive board, advising as required
- Management of Personnel Data and all HR compliance
- Additional tasks as required
- Business awareness and management skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required if managing/operating computerised payroll and HR systems
- Good computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- The ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law
- Integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge decisions where necessary
- Confidence to present at a board level
- Influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies
- Good time management and able to work at pace
- Resilient, able to roll with the knocks and keep things moving forwards
- Payroll knowledge is beneficial
- Knowledge of statutory obligations
- Good knowledge of HR practices and ideally a CIPD qualification
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work with minimal supervision
You will be a strong personality who can hold their own, and guide and influence Management. You must have the confidence and ability to challenge and impact internal decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a CIPD Level 5 or 7 qualification.
Experience in a medical setting (primary/secondary care) would be advantageous.
£45 basic salaryNHS Pension schemeAn opportunity to work in a business where you will be genuinely shaping the future of the organisation.