|Location: Southport||Salary: £16k - 18k per year + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Chris Thomson|
Competitive Basic Salary
Permanent, full time
Excellent career opportunities
Competitive Employee Benefits Scheme
Generous staff discount
Generous Company Pension Scheme.
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Clerk to join their long standing finance team at their Southport Head Office.
What We Do...
We are passionate about supplying high quality and stylish furniture that is right for the customer and their home - in a way that is deserving of recommendation!
Why Join Us?
We are part of one of the largest and most successful family owned furniture retailers in the UK. We have been established since 1895. During this time, the business has acquired all of its retail properties, so you can look forward to a secure future and great opportunities.
The Job - Is It Right For You?
The position reports to our Finance Manager within the dedicated finance team. Duties will include but will not be limited to performing bank and cash book reconciliations, processing sales and purchase invoices, assisting in month end processes and handling supplier queries.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Accurate weekly processing of nominated supplier invoices.
- Paying nominated supplier accounts on a weekly or monthly basis
- Reconciling supplier statements prior to payment and requesting copies of missing invoices
- Raising queries with suppliers where applicable and ensuring all queries are resolved within an acceptable timescale.
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders and stock records
- Provide general administration tasks such as typing, filing and photocopying
- Provide cover within the department for holiday and sickness periods.
Are You Right For Us?
As with all our positions, fantastic customer service skills are a must. A helpful and friendly manner is also key. You’ll be part of an engaged and motivated team who excel at what they do (and enjoy it at the same time!).
As a business we understand that our people are our greatest asset, so to be part of our team you will need:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Experience of accounts office systems and procedures
- Numerate and articulate
- Computer literate – especially Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- Attention to detail and thorough in approach to tasks
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability to ensure adequate cover in the office during busy periods.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, excellent benefits and the opportunity to join a strong family business and local brand with aspirations for the future.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and attitude to be a successful Account Clerk we here at Stokers Fine Furniture want to hear from you today.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.