|Location: Aylesbury||Salary: £38k - 42k per year + plus bonus and benefits|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Chris Thomson||Published: 21 days ago|
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Full Time 40 hours a week
Basic £38,000 - £42,000, OTE c£46,000
As a long-standing family run business, we truly value the importance of our Warehouse and Delivery Teams. We have a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join our Aylesbury Team. The successful candidate would be supported by a Warehouse Supervisor, warehouse team and delivery team plus a further network of fellow Warehouse Managers across the country.
The most exciting opportunity about this role is the future of Lucas Furniture, the Store and Warehouse will be relocating to a much larger site in the coming months, which will bring some tremendous challenges, but the chance for the right candidate to really make the warehouse their own! We’re after a leader and a mentor to coach and train the best ways of working ready the big relocation.
The Benefit Package
A very competitive salary of £46,000 OTE (D.O.E) per annum
Quarterly Bonuses based on customer feedback (NPS)
Health/Dental/Optician Employee Benefits Scheme
Generous Company Pension Scheme
Generous staff discount – Everyone Needs Furniture!
Why Join Us?
We are part of one of the largest and most successful family owned furniture retailers in the UK. We have been established since 1895. During this time, the business has acquired all of its retail properties so you can look forward to a secure future and great opportunities.
Is this role right for you?
To purpose of this role is to lead our warehouse and driving team to ensure our furniture is professionally and courteously delivered into customer’s homes. To be successful, you’ll have experience in a similar role where you have been accountable for the complete Warehouse operation including logistics from start to finish.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Having a "hands-on" approach to all operational aspects within the warehouse.
- Ensuring deliveries to the customer on time and to the required standard.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Health and Safety accountability for the operation.
- Managing the transport and logistics of the delivery fleet ensuring driving regulations are monitored and adhered to. Understanding of HGV rules.
- Tachograph management.
- Organising the recruitment, appraisals and training of the team, as well as monitoring team performance, conduct and progress.
Skills & Experience:
- Great communication and leadership skills.
- Proven change management experience.
- Proven experience of and a comprehensive understanding of warehousing systems, industry good practice and the use of technological systems to improve productivity.
- Have an excellent understanding the Health and Safety legislation | IOSH qualified desirable.