|Location: Manchester||Salary: £10 - 18 per hour + 20% Bonus|
|Sector: Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Chris Thomson|
Do you love children and swimming? Are you looking for a part-time flexible role? Then we may have the job for you!
We are looking for Baby & Pre-School swimming teachers to join our team in Greater Manchester. No experience necessary as full training can be undertaken through Puddle Ducks but any swimming teaching qualifications/experience would be a bonus. You must be happy to work at least one day at the weekend and be flexible in providing cover for other teachers (full clean license and access to a car essential). In return, you will be part of a friendly and supportive team, receive a competitive rate of pay, uniform and benefit from discounted swimming lessons for your own children.
Our business is totally dependent upon having the best teachers. Commitment, passion, loyalty and the ability to create a good rapport with children, carers (usually mothers), babies and small children are all absolutely essential. Our customers need to know their teacher loves their job and this will be reflected in the way they teach.
The role is very demanding, with high expectations of teaching standards and interpersonal skills. Safety and customer care is foremost, as well as a clean, smart appearance. You also need a pleasant and outgoing personality as we would expect you to be able to develop a relationship with your customers; to lead them as a group as well as understand and respond to each individual child’s needs. You will need to be assertive to gain class respect and discipline when teaching those children who are in the water on their own.
The teaching can be physically demanding, with several hours spent in the water, so you need to be in good health with reasonable stamina and no adverse reactions to chlorine. You also need to be mentally alert with good vision and hearing (contact lenses, glasses and hearing aids are acceptable so long as you are comfortable and safe wearing them for long periods of time in the water). It is also important that you feel and look comfortable and relaxed in the water.
We would expect you to work as part of a team at all times. You need excellent communication skills, particularly verbal. Your verbal skills will ensure your teaching is excellent and your verbal and written skills will ensure you maintain good communication with the wider Puddle Ducks team. You will need a reasonably flexible approach to working hours with a current driving licence, telephone and ideally also email communication.
You will be responsible for Puddle Ducks customers and equipment so need to have a responsible and trustworthy disposition.
The Pre-School Teacher must have the following qualifications/experience:
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- STA Baby & Pre-School qualification (this can be undertaken through Puddle Ducks)*
- Puddle Ducks Pre-School qualification (this is undertaken through Puddle Ducks)*
- It is imperative that you have a clean Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Computer literate (for printing and updating registers)
- Either the RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC) or the STA Pool Responder course (STA PR)*
- It would also be an advantage if you had experience of working or living with young children.
- You need to be a reasonably competent swimmer, able to swim sufficiently to pass a lifesaving course (about 25m and to dive to the bottom of the pool).
* These qualifications must be taken in your own time and most likely at your own expense.
If you are friendly, dedicated, reliable and keen to learn then we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Permanent Part-time 6 hour contract (plus overtime, holiday and sickness cover); £10-£18 per hour plus up to 20% of annual basic available in bonus