|Location: Kidderminster||Salary: £8 - 18 per hour + 20% Bonus|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, Hospitality, Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Chris Thomson||Published: 7 days ago|
Part time (minimum 6 hour contracts) including weekend and evening
Hourly pay £8 - £18 per hour depending on experience and qualifications; training can be funded for the right candidate
(plus bonus up to 20% of basic salary)
Worcester, Kidderminster, West Bromwich (and surrounding areas)
Have you ever thought about a career helping to teach children to swim or are you already doing it and want to come and work for the best independent swim school in the country? Our extremely popular Baby and Pre-school and Swim Academy programmes are growing and as such, we are looking for new teachers and poolside assistants to join us.
Ideally you will already have some swimming teaching experience and hold the relevant qualifications as detailed below. However, this is not essential as full training can be undertaken through Puddle Ducks. No previous training or qualifications are needed for the poolside assistant role. You will receive an excellent rate of pay, uniform, be part of a friendly and supportive team and receive discounted swimming lessons for your own children.
Our business is totally dependent upon having the best teachers and support staff. Commitment, passion, loyalty and the ability to create a good rapport with children is absolutely essential. There will be contact with parents on the poolside before and after lessons and so customer care and excellent communication are needed.
We would expect you to work as part of a team at all times. You need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Your verbal skills will ensure your teaching is excellent and your verbal and written skills will ensure you maintain good communication with the wider Puddle Ducks team. You will need a reasonably flexible approach to working hours with a current driving licence, telephone and also email communication.
You will be responsible for Puddle Ducks customers and equipment so need to have a responsible and trustworthy disposition.
The Puddle Ducks Teacher will ideally have (or at least be wishing to work towards) the following qualifications / experience (we also have pool side attendant roles):
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- STA Level 2 Award or ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or STA Level 2 Award (Baby and Pre-school)*
- It is imperative that you have a clean Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
- Computer literate (for printing and updating registers)
- Either the RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC) or the STA Pool Responder course (STA PR) or STA Safety Award for Teachers (STA SAT)*
- It would also be an advantage if you had experience of working or living with young children.
- You need to be a reasonably competent swimmer, able to swim sufficiently to pass a lifesaving course (about 25m and to dive to the bottom of the pool).
* These qualifications must be taken in your own time and at your own expense, further Puddle Ducks specific training will be provided at no initial up front cost.
If you are friendly, dedicated, reliable and keen to learn then we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Part-time Swimming Teacher OR Poolside Attendant
Rate of pay: £8 - £18 per hour dependent on experience (funding available to train up to the level required above) plus profit related bonuses up to 20% of salary