|Location: Southport||Salary: £18000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: Plus Bonus|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, HR, L&D and Head Office, Finance||Type: Permanent - Full Time|
|Contact: Chris Thomson||Published: 12 days ago|
Competitive Salary £18k - £21k
Permanent, full time
Opportunity for Bonus
Excellent career opportunities
Competitive Employee Benefits Scheme
Generous staff discount
Generous Company Pension Scheme.
Stokers Fine Furniture have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Clerk to join their long standing finance team at their Southport Head Office.
Why Join Us?
We are part of one of the largest and most successful family owned furniture retailers in the UK. We have been established since 1895. During this time, the business has acquired all of its retail properties, so you can look forward to a secure future and great opportunities.
The Job - Is It Right For You?
The position would sit within our dedicated accounts team. Duties will include but will not be limited to performing bank and cash book reconciliations, processing sales and purchase invoices, assisting in month end processes and handling supplier queries. We are soon to introduce SAP1 into the team which is an exciting new project to be involved in.
Job Duties | Responsibilities
- Accurate weekly processing of nominated supplier invoices.
- Paying nominated supplier accounts on a weekly or monthly basis
- Reconciling supplier statements prior to payment and requesting copies of missing invoices
- Raising queries with suppliers where applicable and ensuring all queries are resolved within an acceptable timescale.
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders and stock records
- Provide general administration tasks such as typing, filing and photocopying
- Provide cover within the department for holiday and sickness periods.
Are You Right For Us?
As with all our positions, fantastic customer service skills are a must. A helpful and friendly manner is also key, so to be part of our team you will need:
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Experience of accounts office systems and procedures
- Numerate and articulate
- Previous experience with SAP1 would be advantageous but not essential.
- Computer literate – especially Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- Attention to detail and thorough in approach to tasks
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability to ensure adequate cover in the office during busy periods.