|Location: Doncaster||Salary: £30k - 40k per year + DOE|
|Sector: Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kieron Smithson|
We are working with a financially secure manufacturing & distribution business, currently undergoing steady and consistent growth. Looking to release senior stakeholders to focus on the future of the business & wider strategic operations, we are looking for an Operations Team Leader to join that will be fully engaged and adaptable, will be a team player and problem solver, and will be an excellent communicator able to take both a broad overview of business operations whilst also able to step on to the shop floor, rolling up sleeves and ensuring operational pinch points are overcome and resolved going forwards.
- An Operations Team Leader will be responsible for leading one or more teams in the manufacture of a range of flight critical actuation components, using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes. Daily responsibilities could include:
- Oversight of both the production & distributions facilities.
- Undertaking Systematic Problem Solving on problems following standardised procedures.
- Performing Systematic Problem Solving on KPIs not meeting goal.
- Ensure JIT principles are adhered to with the delivery of raw materials to site, liaising with the buying team as needed.
- Use of support resources to correct problems throughout the day, getting hands on & “stuck in” as required to ensure effective production.
- Occasionally being flexible in working pattern to meet business needs.
- Set the production schedule, flexing it as required to meet rush/custom orders.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be required to lead & motivate a small team of production and distribution operatives including apprentices. The ideal candidate will be able to draw on relevant past experience to lead performance in the apprentices and other members of the team.
- Ensure all goods are manufactured, packaged & delivered to a company standard.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the sales team to help deliver company objectives.
- Working in an environment of continuous improvement, a willingness to learn new skills and flexibility are important qualities.
- The role requires strong communication skills, time management and working well with others while maintaining emotional resilience. They must also be proactive in maintaining a safe, incident and injury free environment.
- The role will require an understanding of lean production practices and systematic problem solving, as well as development and motivation of employees to ensure the operational delivery and continuous improvement of both the production & distributions processes.
- Experience using general workshop equipment would be desirable.
- Knowledge of LEAN processes in a production / manufacturing capacity.
- Must be proactive in maintaining a safe, incident and injury free work environment and be the business champion in quality & improvement activities.
- Will using processes that ensure broad thinking about all situations and issues whilst exercising Decision Making skills resulting in Systematic Problem Solving.
- Equally motivated to ensure each individuals & teams success, working for the greater good.
- Able to communicate up and down the chain, influencing senior stakeholders and driving the team with effective coherent communications.
- Able to deliver change management, ensuring the ongoing buy in of the team on the shop floor and the consistent delivery of goals.
- Develop & engage yourself & the team – promoting self-development and growth.
- Knowledge of optimising distribution would be beneficial but not essential.
- £30-40K basic Depending on Experience
- Opportunity to join a growing company
- Shape your role & scope of operations for years to come