|Location: Camden Town||Salary: £30k - 38k per year + OTE £36-£40k|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Chris Thomson||Published: 27 days ago|
Salary - £30000 - £38000 plus bonus depending on experience
Would you like an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new venture?
Priority Recruitment are working with a brand new concept about to be launched in the UK with their first store opening very soon in West London. The concept has enjoyed rapid growth since its global launch and there are now over 3000 stores worldwide which have proven hugely successful. The brand represents a synergy of all that is Japanese design in terms of style and quality with the entrepreneurship coming from a Chinese backer, selling a wide range of products at great value for money.
My client has a Merchandiser vacancy in their Head office based in North London and are looking for someone who has worked for a fast-paced retailer that can hit the ground running while demonstrating the following skills:
- Achieving department KPl's in line with strategy and department plan, maximising sales and profit Setting up of sales /stock and intake models for all products and expanding store chain
- Managing Commitment to ensure operational efficiency and stock targets are met
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of range sign offs in line with department/ strategy and customer requirements
- Monitoring product groups, determining pricing strategy and price points to drive sales and maximise gross margin
Reviewing depth and width of ranges to offer the widest choice whilst optimising availability within the stock target guidelines
- Applying in-depth knowledge of the current competitive market place to inform range and price positioning
- Working with supply chain partners to ensure stock is planned and bought within the appropriate lead time
- Ensuring all product is CE certified and fit for the UK market utilising the support of external agencies
- Managing stock accuracy through seasonal counts and audit
- Ensuring Terminal stock is planned and targets are met at the end of each financial half trading
- Ensuring in-season activity delivers planned sales, margin and terminal stock targets
- Analysing data, identifying issues and trends, interpreting results to provide sound recommendations to protect/ maximise profit
- Reviewing current sales reacting to maximise sales opportunity by working with retail to ensure the customer proposition is visually and financially strong
- Identifying promotional and marketing opportunities for product areas and feeding into the trading calendar based on sales trends and patterns
- Management of slow moving stock through sale events and promotions/repricing activity to clear stock at the price that minimises margin risk.
LOGISTICS/ SUPPLY CHAIN
- Ensuring the paperwork is in place to ship goods on time, working with the clearing agent to clear customs
- Liaising with the warehouse to ensure stock is taken in and then distributed effectively
- Contribute to the location and effective operation of a future logistics operation.
- As this is a start up, it will require an ability to hit the ground running and work in a fluid environment with ever changing situations and priorities. This will require an open mind with the ability to be flexible and adapt to emerging and changing priorities
- Previous experience as a Merchandiser within a classic merchandising retailer especially fashion or home goods
- Customer focused
- High degree of analytical skills
- Great interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to line manage, train and develop a Team
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain strong relationships with Logistics, suppliers and retail
- Can work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude for the Team
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external teams
- IT skills including SAP, Excel
- Ability to prioritise
- Entrepreneurial spirit that goes with a start up
If you think this challenging opportunity is for you then please apply today
On top of offering you a fantastic career prospect to join in the you will also be entitled to:
- A Competitive Salary
- Generous bonus scheme
- A generous store discount
The role is full time (40 hours per week) and is based at the Head office in North London. Must be willing to attend overseas conferences if required.
The role will be full of the unpredictable demands that goes with a start up so will not be for the faint hearted or those who like a regular role with clear processes. The role will be quite unpredictable to start with and the skill will require a highly organized approach in formatting the new processes to make the role a real success.