|Location: Southport||Salary: £35k - 40k per year + Pension, Life Assurance, Bonus|
|Sector: Head Office & Support||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Chris Thomson|
Basic £35,000 - £40,000
Priority Recruitment are working with one of the largest and most successful family owned retail groups in the UK who have been operating in the home interiors market for over 150 years and are looking for a Financial Controller.
The company operates a very successful operation over several companies with several well known brands over multiple sites. With further growth anticipated, this role will see you as a key part of the senior team. Your new role as the Financial Controller will see you being able to perform in a stand alone role managing an established and growing team as the company expands.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the preparation of all Company monthly management accounts and year end.
- Production of all government compliance documentation and accurate record keeping.
- Managing and developing the accounting team.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including annual operational budgets.
- Overseeing the Health and Safety function within the business.
- Running the monthly payroll.
- Developing management reports and KPIs to drive profitability and commercial focus throughout the business.
- Improving controls and processes to ensure the business is running effectively and efficiently.
- Maintaining the integrity of accounting systems and finance report to meet regulations and making recommendations for improvements.
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Close liaison with all departments in particular HR and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
You will have extensive experience in hands on capacity and have a confident approach to achieving results and all tasks completed accurately and on time. This is a fast paced and expanding business so a flexible and can do approach is needed to assist in driving forward and adding value in your new role.
Proven previous experience in roles encompassing all areas of finance, you will have exposure to implementing systems and be able to look at streamlining processes and protecting the interests of the company.
ACCA or CIMA qualification (or equivalent) is essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business with expansion plans in place that make this a solid long term career option
Apply now to find out more
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.