|Location: Brighton||Salary: £21k - 22k per year + bonus + bens|
|Sector: Hospitality||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: David Boal||Published: 5 days ago|
Award Winning Traditional British Restaurant
Full Time & Permanent Career Opportunity
***Subsidised "Live-in" accomodation available in Central Brighton!***
A well-loved and established casual & traditional restaurant in Brighton is seeking a chef to join the committed team in their flagship restaurant.
Some previous experience in working in the kitchen and being qualified or currently going through training and qualifications would be ideal.
This position will give you a full time permanent role with opportunity to enjoy a long rewarding career with the group.
You will be involved in the creation of new menu items and adding your ideas and skills into the mix
About the Restaurant….
This leading 130-cover restaurant has been well established and loved for many years the and is part of a family focused restaurant business that aims to deliver a quality traditional style menu set in a high customer service environment serving the best produce consistently every time.
They are the fastest growing brand and company of their type in the UK and are looking for people who are genuine, honest, hardworking and committed to progress in your long term career with them
- Cooking of the fresh menu
- Working on creating new specials and new menu items
- Food preparation of all fresh produce
- Handling produce deliveries and correct storing of all fresh food and ingredients
- Setting up the kitchen for opening
- Cleaning down to ensure five-star hygiene standards
- Food stock control, including correct stock rotation
- Ad hoc additional duties as requested to ensure smooth running of the kitchen
You should have….
- A love for cooking
- Experience in working within a similar background or busy branded pub kitchen with fresh food and frying environment would be desirable
- Ability to work in a fact paced busy kitchen
- Food hygiene certificate
- Qualified Chef or currently working toward your qualifications
- An understanding of handling fresh food
- Passion for ensuring consistent high quality
- Flexible around working shift patterns as required
- Good team player and communication skills
If you are a chef looking for a great new permanent career move… this is a great opportunity to become part of a fantastic team and expanding brand
Salary will be up to £22,000 + benefits dependent on experience