|Location: Hyde||Salary: £9 - 18 per hour + 20% Bonus|
|Sector: Hospitality||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Chris Thomson||Published: 30 days ago|
Part time; permanent (4 hour contract; Wednesday and Thursday - flexing up to 14-18 hours per week covering holidays and sickness)
Rate of pay; £9 - £18 per hour dependent on experience (funding available to train up to the level below) plus profit related bonuses up to 20% of salary
(Equivalent OTE of average £12 per hour and 14 hours per week with bonus per annum c£10,000)
Priority Recruitment are currently working with one of the most respected franchise businesses in Greater Manchester; a family run business who own a purpose-built centre in the heart of the Tameside Community.
Puddle Ducks are looking for someone to train as a Puddle Ducks Teacher to teach both the Baby and Pre-School programme (aged 0-4) and also the Swim Academy Programme (aged 4-10) with some core hours but mainly acting as a Cover Teacher for the established team in Greater Manchester. No experience necessary as full training can be undertaken through Puddle Ducks but any swimming teaching qualifications/experience would be a bonus.
Lessons are taught at a variety of pools throughout the Greater Manchester area so being able to travel is essential. Additional ad-hoc hours working in the Office as well as being involved with other event and promotion work may be available. In return, you will be part of a friendly and supportive team, receive a competitive rate of pay, uniform and benefit from discounted swimming lessons for your own children.
You will be responsible for Puddle Ducks customers and equipment so need to have a responsible and trustworthy disposition.
The Teacher must have (or be prepared to work towards attaining) the following qualifications/experience:
- Either the RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC), the STA Pool Responder course (STA PR) or STA Safety Award for Teachers course (STA SAT)*
- STA Level 2 Award or ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics*
- Puddle Ducks Swim Academy Course (Levels 1-4) (this is undertaken through Puddle Ducks)*
- STA Baby & Pre-School qualification (this can be undertaken through Puddle Ducks)*
- Puddle Ducks Pre-School qualification (this is undertaken through Puddle Ducks)*
- It is imperative that you have a clean Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (at your own cost)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Computer literate (for printing and updating registers)
- It would also be an advantage if you had experience of working or living with young children.
- You need to be a reasonably competent swimmer, able to swim sufficiently to pass a lifesaving course (about 25m) and to dive to the bottom of a 3m pool.
* These qualifications must be taken in your own time together with some unpaid co-teaching, however, funding options to cover the costs of the qualifications can be discussed with the right candidate
If you are friendly, dedicated, reliable and keen to learn then we would love to hear from you.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK