|Location: West Yorkshire||Salary: £30k - 35k per year + OTE £60-£70k|
|Sector: Retail & Sales, Senior Appointments, Head Office & Support||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kieron Smithson|
Business Development Manager
Are you able to get "in the door" with retailers & distributers nationwide? Able to craft & deliver the perfect elevator pitch for an exciting new technology product? Equally as comfortable hitting the phone as sitting in a board room pitching C-suite & procurement teams? Then please read on!
Who: Start up business, past the early years, big wins under the belt – looking at growth.
What: Innovative home-security technology products.
Where: West Yorkshire & London.
Reward: Basic £30,000 - £35,000 OTE £60,000 - £70,000 + shape your role for the future.
Business Development Manager is to deliver on the commercial promise of this companies’ innovative home security products and services. The right person will get the opportunity to shape their role going forwards. Initial expectations will be:
- Identify and pursue new retail, wholesale and distribution potential partnerships
- Craft & deliver complete pitches and commercial propositions to potential partners
- Close the deal to successfully secure new sales channels
- Maintain these and existing relationships long term
Typical duties will include:
- Pro-actively self-generate new business opportunities, identify new leads and potential new markets to add to the existing client base.
- Identify key stakeholders & decision makers to ensure your efforts are targeted.
- Utilise rapport to build strong & lasting customer relationships
- Prepare all pitch documentation
- Work in cross functional teams inc’ legal to ensure you deliver an effective and secure commercial proposal
- Deliver the prepared pitches to procurement teams, buying directors, category managers and C-suite as needed
- Ensure that client promotions run alongside internal marketing activity for maximum brand value
- Network at appropriate industry conferences / awards / expos
Whilst we anticipate you being based in West Yorkshire, it will be necessary to meet potential partners at their convenience, through the UK & potentially Europe.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Flexible, hardworking attitude
- Demonstrable track record of excelling in Business Development Sales
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and listening skills
- Lack of phone fear, must be able to pickup phone and make that first (cold) call
- Self-starter, able to motivate self without someone on your shoulder
- Be able to provide evidence of achieving sales targets
- Able to communicate at all corporate levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Team player, whilst also showing lone wolf hunger
- Ability to display and provide examples of skills in negotiation, communication, active listening and a sound commercial acumen.
- Problem solver, whether that be experience based or “out of the box” – able to create solutions to problems
- An “inner geek” or love of technology isn’t essential but may help!
- Experience selling a retail / FMCG product into similar markets will be advantageous
- £30-35K basic salary
- Achievable bonus structure up to X2 basic.
- Car/Allowance negotiable + all the tools (laptop/phone) needed to be successful
- A positive working environment in a successful business with excellent growth plans
- Flexi working