|Location: Cambridge||Salary: £19k - 21k per year|
|Sector: Retail & Sales||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: David Boal|
Assistant Store Manager
Looking to make your next career move into a fantastic Assistant Retail Manager role within a successful service focused premium product business?
An opportunity to join a long established leading specialist retailer with world renowned brand. They have a very loyal following which has been built through delivering outstanding friendly and knowledgeable customer service plus classic designs.
If you are looking for a genuine career with a highly consultative service focused retail business with a proud heritage you will be a lover of ensuring delivery of the best possible customer service. With a passion for sales and helping people make the right choice and wanting to return time after time you will be looking for a long-term career opportunity.
You should come with a balanced commercial and operational focus, you will be able to motivate and develop your staff, you will have an understanding of what great visuals and outstanding customer care looks like in your store.
To succeed and be the best in your new role you will need…
- Knowledge and experience of leading from the front within a service driven retail environment
- A passion for creating a fabulous in-store experience
- Driving sales and increasing spend
- Strong merchandising capability
- Creative marketing/promotional ideas
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to continuously learn and share information with others
- Technically adaptable
- Adaptable and flexible attitude to ensure not only the store but company objectives are achieved
- An excellent understanding and ability to live the company values and enthuse these throughout your team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to really lead a team by example
- A good grasp of your sales figures, KPI expectations and what you need to achieve
The role comes with a basic salary to £20,000 neg dependent on your experience