|Location: Wirral||Salary: £11 - £16 per hour|
|Sector: Complex Care||Type: Contract - Rolling|
|Contact: Michael Elwell||Published: 7 days ago|
Are you looking for a new challenge?... well look no further Priority complex care has the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a support worker to support a 13-year-old boy who suffers from the effects of an acquired brain injury (ABI). The client does have difficulties with hearing, vision and sensory integration. The client can express him but not with higher language comprehension. The client does show challenging behaviour towards siblings and others around him.
You will be lone working and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. You must be a car driver to work with the client and we are looking for an immediate start.
There are 2 types of shift patterns-
Monday to Thursday – 10:00 till 19:00
Monday to Friday – 07:30 till 09:00
Monday to Thursday – 16:00 till 20:00
Monday to Friday 8 am till 10 pm £11ph
Monday to Friday 8 pm till 8 am £11.50ph
Saturday all day £11.50ph
Sunday all day £12.50ph
Bank holiday £16ph
The Support Worker role involves:
- The support worker is there to prompt the client and not do it for him.
- supervise client with daily routines such as getting dressed and showering.
- implement advice from therapists and professionals involved with the client.
- assist the client with completion of homework
- engage the client in meaningful/purposeful activities which he enjoys, such as puzzles, football, horse riding and swimming.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Sensitivity and discretion necessary to working within a Client’s own home
- To have worked with challenging behaviour and understand how to defuse situations
- Ability to absorb complex information and training provided by the case manager and therapists and to demonstrate an accurate implementation of instruction and guidelines.
- Effective team working skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- To maintain accurate records always
Benefits of working with Priority complex care:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Refer a friend
- 24/7 on-call system.
- Paid every Friday
- Increased pay on bank holiday’s
- Dedicated consultant with more than 16 years’ experience in the care sector.
Please apply online and some will get back to you asap.