|Location: Southport||Salary: A very competitive salary (dependent on relevant experience) with an OTE of £36,000 per annum|
|Sector: Retail & Sales||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent - Full Time||Contact: Chris Thomson|
Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Full Time 40 hours a week
OTE £36,000 (Dependent on relevant experience)
Here at Stokers, we truly value the importance of our Warehouse and Delivery Teams. We have a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join our long standing Southport Team. The successful candidate would be supported by a Warehouse Supervisor, warehouse team and delivery team and a further network of fellow Warehouse Managers across the country.
The Benefit Package
A very competitive salary (dependent on relevant experience) with an OTE of £36,000 per annum
Quarterly Bonuses based on customer feedback (NPS)
Health/Dental/Optician Employee Benefits Scheme
Generous Company Pension Scheme
Generous staff discount – Everyone Needs Furniture!
Why Join Us?
We are part of one of the largest and most successful family owned furniture retailers in the UK. We have been established since 1895. During this time, the business has acquired all of its retail properties so you can look forward to a secure future and great opportunities.
Is this role right for you?
To purpose of this role is to lead our warehouse and driving team to ensure our furniture is professionally and courteously delivered into customer’s homes. To be successful, you’ll have experience in a similar role where you have been accountable for the complete Warehouse operation including logistics.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Having a "hands-on" approach to all operational aspects of the operation within the warehouse.
- Ensuring deliveries to the customer on time and to the required standard.
- Influencing and driving continuous improvements throughout the warehouse.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Managing the transport and logistics of the delivery fleet ensuring driving regulations are monitored and adhered to.
- Organising the recruitment, appraisals and training of the team, as well as monitoring team performance and progress.
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to influence with strong managerial and delegation skills.
- Proven experience of and a comprehensive understanding of warehousing systems, industry good practice and the use of technological systems to improve productivity.
- Have an excellent understanding the Health and Safety legislation | IOSH.