|Location: Waltham Cross||Salary: £36000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Bens|
|Type: Permanent - Full Time||Contact: David Boal|
We are on the hunt for a fabulous and long established retailer to find an experienced and IT Support Engineer
This business has built a solid reputation for delivering high end service to a loyal customer base buying a wide range of quality products for many years and is a real destination store. The IT Support Engineer role will be tasked with ensuring this premium retail operation is totally backed up with solid IT systems and full support to ensure total efficiency for the end user and customer experience.
Who are we looking for...
Someone that values loyalty and comes with a sold career history of Tech Support Management ideally in the retail sector with an understanding of how that operates, the challenges you face and being able to
A quick thinker and problem solver with a methodical analytic approach. You will be overseeing a bespoke EPOS application and day-to-day IT support for in excess of 100 desktop users and you will need to be at ease communicating and conveying information at all levels across the business.
Your Day to day will a varied role inclusive of...
Supporting Day-to-day IT services via IT service desk from 1st line to some 3rd line and escalating some issues to third party vendors
- Supporting and further developing ERP/EPOS system, SQL, SSRS and PowerBi (Training provided and supported from the head of IT)
- Configuration and deployment of new or replacement desktop hardware using MDT/WSUS/WDS
- Setting up new Active Directory user and Office 365 email users
- Supporting AD/Office 365 administrative tasks security groups and email groups
- Upgrading desktop software and applications where necessary
- Duties relating to the creation and maintenance of internal support documentation
- Assisting Head of IT with local and global projects across multiple sites
- Supporting Swan Cygnus Bespoke till systems (Windows embedded) 1st/2nd line and escalating to 3rd line third-party when required
- PDQ payment terminals 1st/2nd line and escalating to 3rd line third-party when required
- Supporting and maintaining multifunction printers and label printers throughout the business
- Supporting document management system 1st/2nd line and escalating to 3rd line when required.
- Overseeing smooth operation of the EPOS / POS system and all payment terminals
- Overseeing networks (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Cisco and SonicWALL
- Supporting Payment Terminals (Verifone, Ingenico and Worldpay
- Looking after in store tech such as Apple iOS (iPad with Meraki MDM)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Support and Administration
- Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server Administration (ADUC, DHCP, DNS and Security Groups)
- Microsoft Windows Deployment and Updates (WDS, MDT and WSUS)
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2017 and SSRS (Previous experience would be an advantage)
- Microsoft PowerBi
- Microsoft Excel experience
- EasySoftware Document Management System
- VMware Virtualisation Administration ideally
- Microsoft Exchange Hybrid Administration )
- Active Directory / Azure Active Director
- EPOS/POS Retail Systems
If you have an IT degree or Microsoft Certification MCSA or MCSE that would be a great advantage. You will need to be able to think on your feet and have the be ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment supporting and reporting into numerous areas of this business.
An understanding of Microsoft SQL would also be an advantage as the successful candidate would become our resident specialist with SQL and reporting along with our bespoke EPOS/POS systems which are built on SQL databases. Training will be available though if needed. In addition, you should have a good working knowledge of corporate security and compliance with GDPR.
Why make a move to this business?
Great company culture within a long established very successful business. Fabulous close knit team, annual bonus and benefits with a great work life balance. Up to 40k salary.