|Location: Altrincham||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent - Full Time||Contact: Rebekah Thomas|
Salary up to 45k
Java programming ability with good understanding of underpinning techniques, Object Oriented Design and Programming
Team Set Up
- 40 people in the team at the moment. We are looking to get up to 70.
- flexi hours but core hours are 10am-3pm when we need people working.
- Ergonomic workspaces with sit/stand desks
- Linux desktops with dual monitors
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- flexible working practices
- great location with free parking and excellent transport links
- hackdays, lunch & learns
- structured career progression, supported learning and regular 1:1's
- snacks, drinks, fruit and breakfasts. Ping pong, games & socials
- equity and 4 x salary life assurance
- open and transparent culture with regular sessions with execuitve team
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with some understanding of underpinning techniques, Object Oriented Design and Programming
- 2:1 or First class degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree
- Understanding of Databases and query languages (SQL).Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, JUnit, GWT, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Scripting for CLI, CICD, tool automation, etc
- Agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Inquisitiveness- digging into problems and solutions to understand the underlying technology
- Autonomy - ability to work on a task and solve problems independently
- Motivation - sets personal challenges and constantly looking to stretch themselves
- Problem solving - recognition of problems and recasting difficult-to-solve problems in order to find unique and innovative solutions
- Integrity - honest and transparent in dealing, open to voice and accept criticism, is trustworthy and builds credibility through actions
- Detail focussed - pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects
- Big picture aware - understands the scope and impact of a problem or solution
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities
- Investigate new technologies
- Optimise the development process through use of automation, in-house and open source solution
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team.
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals.
- Partake in technical discussions within the team.
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training
- Contribute to the team’s process of continual improvement.
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.