|Location: Manchester||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: I.T.||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Rebekah Thomas||Published: 24 days ago|
Demonstrable - STRONG Java programming ability with good understanding of underpinning techniques, Object Oriented Design and Programming
demonstrable Java programming ability with good understanding of underpinning techniques.
Object Oriented Design and Programming.
A track record of delivering software features into production
Experience of at least one of the following cloud technologies: Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge
Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
Solid understanding of Databases and query languages (SQL)
- flexi hours but core hours are 10am-3pm when we need people working.
- A Senior Software Engineer is expected to spend most of their time hands-on in the production of software.
- Discuss, establish and maintain the design patterns, framework selections and direction of the codebase.
- Solve almost any type of problem with little supervision.
- Provide engineering options, with unbiased pros and cons to meet problems shared by the business.
- Develop UI according to mockups following UX guidelines.
- Work with the team to refine and break down stories to levels implementable by development.
- Work with members of the business teams to ensure customer-centric development of features.
- Develop and improve the confirmation testing strategies (unit test, API test, automation, etc.).
- Code reviews for team and other teams.
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities
- Investigate new technologies
- Optimise the development process through use of automation, in-house and open source solutions
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals
- Lead and partake in technical discussions within the team
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training
- Drive the team’s process of continual improvement
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues.
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Proactively engage with customer-facing colleagues to avoid exposing customers.
Salary: £60,000.00 /year