Template & Top Tips For The Perfect CV
Here at Priority Recruitment we know that whilst you may be an amazing Coffee Shop manager, a high performing Retail Sales Consultant or a fantastic Vehicle Technician, this doesn't make you a fantastic CV writer. Whilst we value talking to people and getting to know the real you, a CV is still a valuable tool and likely to form the cornerstone of your wider search.
Our team put their heads together to assemble a list of top tips for the perfect CV in the Retail, Hospitality or Automotive sector.
- Eye-Catching Personal Statement with aims, objectives and ambitions
- Don’t just describe what you did, bullet point how you did it and what you achieved (Outcome / Numbers / Targets)
- Highlight your career achievements
- Update your CV before beginning your job search, approximately 1 in 4 of cv's we receive is out of date
- Ensure you use accurate months to identify your employment (use months, not just years, however no need to use specific days)
- If you have a broad range of experience in multiple sectors (i.e. hospitality then moved into retail) ensure your cv is tailored towards the role you are applying for
- Spelling, grammar and formatting mistakes are just not acceptable. Ensure you use the same font throughout (Arial 10 for example) with Arial 12 in bold for headings. Keep it simple! Don't use ALL CAPITALS as spell checkers ignore all capital words.
- Stand out with facts, figures & achievements - not pictures and infographics. Keep it simple!
- Keep it relevant, jobs over 10/15 years ago can be abbreviated down to 1 or 2 lines of key info. Stick to 2 or 3 pages. Keep it simple!
- Keep it simple! Did we mention? Keep it simple!
Download our CV Template which contains additional tips or formatting hints using the link below;
If you would like it in a different format, please use the contact us page to get in touch.
Once you are happy with it, please register and upload your new CV.