Template & Top Tips For The Perfect CV
Here at Priority Recruitment we know that whilst you may be an amazing Coffee Shop manager, a high performing Retail Sales Consultant or a fantastic Vehicle Technician, this doesn't make you a fantastic CV writer. Whilst we value talking to people and getting to know the real you, a CV is still a valuable tool and likely to form the cornerstone of your wider search.
Our team put their heads together to assemble a list of top tips for the perfect CV in the Retail, Hospitality or Automotive sector.
- Eye-Catching Personal Statement with aims, objectives and ambitions
- Don’t just describe what you did, bullet point how you did it and what you achieved (Outcome / Numbers / Targets)
- Highlight your career achievements
- Update your CV before beginning your job search, approximately 1 in 4 of cv's we receive is out of date
- Ensure you use accurate months to identify your employment (use months, not just years, however no need to use specific days)
- If you have a broad range of experience in multiple sectors (i.e. hospitality then moved into retail) ensure your cv is tailored towards the role you are applying for
- Spelling, grammar and formatting mistakes are just not acceptable. Ensure you use the same font throughout (Arial 10 for example) with Arial 12 in bold for headings. Keep it simple!
- Stand out with facts, figures & achievements - not pictures and infographics. Keep it simple!
- Keep it relevant, jobs over 10/15 years ago can be abbreviated down to 1 or 2 lines of key info. Stick to 2 or 3 pages. Keep it simple!
- Keep it simple! Did we mention? Keep it simple!
Download our CV Template which contains additional tips or formatting hints using the link below;
If you would like it in a different format, please use the contact us page to get in touch.
Once you are happy with it, please register and upload your new CV.